Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hi everyone! I really need to listen to myself and stay on track with blogging :o/

Since my last post, from Tuesday 6.16, these are pictures for the rest of the week!



Starting on Wednesday, we had "New York's best cupcakes" (Crumbs) ordered for another intern's birthday...they were delicious!

There was a white/M&M one, and snickers, a birthday cake, a red velvet, a multi-candy bar, and an oreo one - obviously, they were perfect looking


After the birthday celebration and working hard all day, we had a meeting with our President, Claudia Poccia, about an event we were attending right after work. This is in our mark. Conference Room before Claudia came in.


Now we are at the event. It was the CEW (Corporate Executive Women) - which is basically this panel of women who are always meeting about products and events, and once a year they have a public event that anyone can attend. Since our president is a part of the panel, we were able to attend this year's event. The speaker was Leslie Blodgett, the creator and CEO of Bare Escentuals.


This is a close up of Leslie.


A view from our seats at the event. The only 2 women on stage were Leslie and the interviewer.



Thursday was another busy day, but we didn't leave the office so I didn't take any pictures.

Friday was a fun day! We got to work at normal time, and by 11 were off to meet Lauren Conrad! Lauren is known for her apperance in tv shows like Laguna Beach and The Hills, but for the past few years she has also been mark.'s spokesperson! So around 11, before we left, I snuck in a few pictures of the main part of the office!

This is a little display box thing we have to show new products - here are hook-up lip glosses



The infamous mark. sign as you walk through the doors


Me and Alison...the main doors are to the left, and the mark. sign is to the right





This is when we were on our way to Lauren's studio...it's just a cool outside restaurant


We passed the building with Girl Scouts


Walking into Lauren's studio...very random and unmarked!


All the interns with Lauren. She's the blonde in the back, fourth from the right



Then we came back to the office, and got a little break from our projects to open hundreds of hook-ups for an event this upcoming week


We made a mess of our intern office


The same night, Alison's boyfriend came into town. I got this picture of them on our way to dinner


Saturday I went with 2 other interns to a flea market and shopping at a few stores, but I didn't take any pictures since it was raining and had bags to carry.

But Sunday (today) me, my roommate Claire, and 2 other girls that lives in our suite, went to 2 more flea markets in Hell's Kitchen and Garment district area.

These two pictures are just some houses that I thought looked really pretty,



Our first flea market!


Another pretty building


After the flea markets, we were in the Garment/Fashion district - hence the huge button and needle

And this seamstrist statue




Expensive parking for only 1/2 an hour!!


We had to walk back to Time Square to get on our subway home, and decided to walk into the Toys R Us since me and Claire hadn't been inside yet.

This was the Jurassic Park area


Legos!


Barbie's Dream House!! It was actually a huge let down, but the outside it still pretty!





Some expensive Barbies!!



This is the ferris wheel that is inside the store!




As crazy-busy this past week was, looking back on it, it was so fun! The weekend also flew by, but I had a great time again. This upcoming week shouldn't be as busy with meetings and speakers, but hopefully I can get a lot of work done on my project. Once I find out more and how much I can talk about, I will share details about my project with mark.'s hair care line :o)

I hope everyone had a good weekend (and that Mom and Dad, you made it home safely) and that everyone also has a great upcoming week!

Love and miss everyone!
Taylor

1 comment:

  1. After the heartbreaking,emotional weekend we experienced,it was such a treat to check your blog and read/see what you have been up to. I knew that last week was a busy one for you... your pictures are so very good. I especially like the one of the hook-up boxes in a pile, and the one of you in front of the mark.sign! Wish I could have been at the flea market with you! Love & miss you lots!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete