Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hey everyone! Sorry, I still have some pictures to post...I just haven't gotten around to it :o(

Work has been really busy (kinda good, kinda bad) so when I get home, I try finishing my day's work so I'm ahead when I get in the next morning. My mentor has been out of the office, but I'm just doing research for my project - which has been very boring! Yesterday though, me and the other marketing intern were able to go into our product closet in the office and unpack new shipments of new products - aka, we were able to take whatever we wanted, so if you keep up with mark. products, I have the fringe purse that isn't out yet, and the huge gold bag that isn't out yet either :o)

So right now I'm trying to get my mind off my project for a few minutes since it's very tedious and the same thing over and over.

Like last week when we have Gabrielle Bernstein come in and talk to the interns as a lunch that we call "Make your mark lunch", yesterday we also had another guest speaker. She is Eva Chen - the beauty director/editor for Teen Vogue! She was really awesome and easier to relate to than Gabrielle. She wasn't so much an inspirational speaker, rather than an encouragement for staying committed and finding what we like best. In college she took classes in everything from pre-med, to pre-law, to English/writing, and fashion. So after college she started getting all different kinds of jobs in labs, then stores, then being a journalist, then editors and fashion director's assistants (like in the Devil Wears Prada), and now she's also a beauty director...but not so "divaish" at all. She was very down to earth, honest about working in the fashion/beauty industry, and very encouraging!

That's pretty much how my week has been so far...except the most important happens tomorrow.....PAY DAY!!

Also, sometime tonight I will post the rest of my pictures. And it was good writing to whoever reads this :o) Love and miss everyone!

Taylor


3 comments:

  1. Tay-
    It sounds like your internship is off to a good start! Take it all in. Journal your experiences when you can too! Love hearing how it is going and am jealous of the big gold bag! :)
    Love ya!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ALWAYS good to read whatever you write! I may be one of the only ones that reads the blog instead of Facebook, so I really appreciate you taking the time. Stay focused and positive - even through the boring research stage... and, I hope you two had "permission" to help yourselves to the goodies!! (JK!) Missing you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, we definitely had permission! They even handed us more stuff than we really wanted! haha!

    <3,
    The other marketing intern Alison

    ReplyDelete