Saturday, July 11, 2009

weekend update!

Good evening! I hope you're having a good weekend!

Yesterday at work was great! My project is getting a little stressful because they don't really know specifically what they even want from me, so everything I do is kind of up in the air, but yesterday gave me a good break from that!

In the middle of the day, we got to visit the company that does our magalog and advertising photo shoots - Milk! It was so cool to see a real set and see how it works when photographing a model...I think I would love to do that and from that trip I won't be able to see any professional shoots the same I don't think :o)

Here is up walking up to Milk in the Meat Packing District


Inside the building on the first floor - they have a gallery of a lot of their work, but we didn't have time to go into it so hopefully I can go back


We took the elevator all the way to the top of the building to the Penthouse where the set is!

This is the view as soon as you get off the elevator


This is the main area - it's really only one room, but there's the outside part, a sitting part, the set which you can see, then the hair/makeup station to the back left, and then the food area that you can't see from those big black things


This is the sitting area

A view from the side of the set - to the left is the back wall and to the right, past the black things is where the photographer would be - the next picture shows an extension of this view


To the left are the same black things, then the photographer, the stylists, the computer, and the lights


Random, but they had delicious food!! This is the flourless cake that was by far the best thing!


After watching the model shoot for our maglog for January, we got to go outside because the photographer wanted to shoots scenes with us! We haven't seen those yet but I'll share them as soon as I get them (if I can get them)


The view looking at the building


Relaxing in the pretty weather!


Trying to get everyone - I haven't mastered this yet :o)


The sign they use when they are shooting a lot


That visit was the shortest so far, but it was so much fun to see the "behind the scenes" that goes into making one of our magalogs. We were there for an hour and saw the model so 2 different outfits because she really did the same pose and jump over 100 for each!

That was yesterday at work, and once we got back we only had about an hour so it was hard to get focused again :o)



This morning me, my roommate Claire, and one of our suitemates decided to get up and go walk around instead of shop and spend money.


This is 2 guys playing chess on the side of the street that really reminded me of a movie scene or something


For lunch we went to Tom's, which is "Monk's" from Seinfeld! This is only a few streets away from us so we hadn't wandered very far yet.


Then we worked our way down to 72nd street along the street next to Central Park, and we came across the Dakota which is where John Lennon was shot.


This is also the Dakota - just edited


From 72nd, we went into Central Park, and since it's by the Dakota the first thing from that part is Strawberry Fields!







"The Great Lawn" in Central Park - it was really crowded today


Two singers


A clock by the zoo in Central Park


A really cool art piece


The Plaza Hotel


Inside the Plaza Hotel - Eloise stuff!


Then we went inside Bergdorf Goodman again - the shoe sale they had last time was still going on and was even more discounted, but we still couldn't afford anything


A really strange display inside Bergdorf's


Then we had a tour for a couple of hours that ended at this speakeasy where we got a discounted drink


The speakeasy - Onieal's


Around dinner we decided to come back home to save money on food and now I'm updating you! It's currently raining (surprise surprise) so I'll be going to sleep soon since it reminds me of back home :o) ...but it was good to tell you about my weekend so far. Today we talked about having a picnic in Central Park or somewhere on campus tomorrow, so hopefully it will have stopped raining!!

Have a great rest of the night and I'll talk to y'all soon!

Love, Taylor

1 comment:

  1. So pretty in pink! You look like you belonged in Bergdorf's!! We wish you'd send some of that NY rain down south!! love & miss you lots, MOM

    ReplyDelete