Monday, July 20, 2009

weekend 7...already?!

Happy Monday to everyone! I don't know about you, but even though I had a low-key, restful weekend, I was still tired today.

Starting on Friday after work, me, Claire and another intern Rachel went to Central Park for a free performance by the New York Philharmonic! We first went to the store to get dinner for a picnic, since we were told everyone will be having their own - and it was so fun! Here are a few pictures from it:





This is just a small view from The Great Lawn in Central Park - the whole lawn was packed like this!




Halfway through the show, it started raining so we didn't see the end or the fireworks - but it was still a fun experience!


Saturday morning, me and Claire woke up early from a well rested night. We first walked through Central Park, all the way over to the Upper East side for some Madison Avenue shopping...well...window shopping :o)

Here is Central Park again


A VERY bright soon-to-be store


I didn't take any pictures while walking along Madison Avenue since me and Claire already stuck out enough - but it was wonderful to see all the flagship stores for the brands like Christian Louboutin, BCBG, Barney's, Chanel, and so many more! I bought only one thing from BCBG (because they had a great sale!) and the pictures are a few down.

After Madison Avenue, we walked towards Bloomingdales and a few more affordable stores. Along the way we came across this pretty hotel (that I forgot the name, of course)


We ate lunch at this place, called the Bread Factory, and these desserts looked so good - I will be going back!


After shopping Bloomingdale's great sale, we went back through Central Park to the Upper West Side (closer to us) to go to Loehmann's (another great discounted name brand store) but stopped at the famous Shake Shack first to get a chocolate shake!


Here are my findings for the day...

These black and white shoes were inspired by mark.'s President, Claudia Poccia, who had similar Christian Louboutin's on Friday...of course I can't afford Christian's, but when I found these I couldn't pass them up (and they were only $20!!) I should send them in to Glamour or someone who does the "Splurge and Steal" articles :o)



These were my favorite purchase of the day - Coach shoes...for only $50 - and they are REAL!



This is my BCBG dress from the flagship store on Madison Avenue - blurry picture, sorry (and the background isn't my side of the room)


After a long day of shopping, we ate dinner at home then had movie and popcorn night with another suitemate.


On Sunday we slept in, then went back to spend most of the day at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I hadn't been yet, but it was really good!

This is just a picture of a street on the Upper West Side while we were walking to Central Park that I thought was really pretty


Walking through Central Park to get to the Met from our direction, ran us into the Jackie O Reserve, which is really huge and a gorgeous view!


We finally made it!


This was the main exhibit I wanted to see while it was still here - The Model As Muse - and it was extremely good for all females :o)






After The Model As Muse, me and Claire went our own ways since we have different tastes of art, and this is the first that I went in to - The Picture Generation




This is the edited version from my computer


Then I tried getting to a few more exhibits, but the museum is so big that I just had to walk until I came to something that looked interesting


Then I ran into the main food area


Which led to the knights and armour wing


After seeing most of what I was interested, I went outside on the steps early and waited for Claire


Seeing everyone eat something that smelled delicious, I talked myself into getting a prezel. I normally don't like these, and didn't eat very much of it, but I now have bought a street vendor pretzel and have a cool picture from the day I went to the Met



After leaving the Met when it closed, we took the walk back through Central Park and headed home. Once we got home, I did some laundry and read my current book, Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult (which is really good so far!)

Today at work wasn't too busy, but I did get to spend some time in our product closet to place orders on products that we are running low on. We have a product closet for Marketing and PR, since they have a ton of people to meet and send gifts to...since they hadn't restocked the Marketing products for a couple of months, I got to do that today - which was a lot more fun that I'm making it sound I'm sure.

Tomorrow should also be interesting - we are getting to go to our fragrance house! What I basically know about it, is that is the company that works with us to make our fragrances (for the past 2 years or so), but hopefully tomorrow at 1pm I'll start learning more about what they do and how they work with mark.

I hope you had somewhat of a good Monday and that only means Friday is closer :o)


Love and miss everyone, Taylor

1 comment:

  1. Those are awesome shoes! I should send you some shopping money for me! Please beg the fragrance house to keep making Jewel! Miss you!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete