Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Good morning!

Hi everyone! I don't have pictures for this post (sorry) but I just want to say hi...and that I have only 10 more days until coming home!!

I am getting really excited to come home...don't tell anyone here :o) I also am very excited because a few days ago I bought George Strait tickets for me and Scott, so as soon as I land next Saturday, I'll get going strait to see George!

For a little update on the week, I haven't been too busy with meetings or speakers, but yesterday we did get the opportunity to have Jean Chatzky come speak to us for about 2 hours! I had only heard of her name and never looked her up, but once we found out she was planning to come see us, I googled her - and she's really known!! If you haven't heard of her, I suggest first going to http://www.jeanchatzky.com/ to read her blog and learn her credibility. When she came in yesterday, it was mainly to tell her story and to give us advice on investing and credit cards. Honestly I didn't learn a lot, but in all fairness I think it's because 1. I don't have a credit card so I couldn't compare habits or my usage of one with what she telling us to do and 2. when she was talking about investing, I honestly didn't understand what she was talking about or I already knew the advice she was giving. But after taking the time last night and today to read more on her blog and seeing the books she's written, I really want to start learning about all that "stuff" by starting with her. She was extremely nice and down to earth, and she was very easy to talk to! So I guess I'll be getting back to what I learn and how I start saving and investing money...hopefully soon :o)

Jean was our last (planned) outside speaker we are going to have, but Friday we get to meet the big lady, Andrea Jung (CEO of Avon!) at our graduation ceremony. Other than that, we still have a few meetings and dates planned to spend with mark.'s president, Claudia Poccia (who, like I've said, is amazing!), but all we have left are attending each other's presentations and working on our own projects until our planned day. I can't believe how fast this time flew by! In the beginning, 10 weeks honestly felt like it was going so slow and that it was going to take forever to get through....I was so wrong! It was practically overnight that I felt like 1 week seemed like all summer to feeling sad that I'll be leaving all the other 11 interns and worrying about my "to-do" because there's still so much stuff to see and of course, just not enough time :o) As of Monday, some of us told ourselves that we weren't just going to go home right after work, and that we would treat it like a weekend and do stuff. I really should have told myself that from the beginning, but I can't go back now so I have to start asap! There really isn't too much left on my list, but the one I'm honestly worried about is my cupcake/bakery list and how I have more on my list that I have days to left....sooo that will just mean I have to come back right?! I don't know what I'll do after work today, but maybe getting a cupcake from a bakery I haven't been to yet, then maybe visiting some more touristy areas (like Washington Square or something) and maybe even working out at our gym on campus...haha we'll see!

I guess I'm going to get back to work now. Even though I don't present until next Thursday, I still have to practice with my mentor and do other small tasks...so I need to try to finish my project today...scary!


I hope y'all are having a good day and the weekend is halfway here!! Talk to you soon!

Love, Taylor

1 comment:

  1. I used to watch Jean when she was a regular on the TODAY Show. She has a lot of applicable advice for all of us to follow, and it's never too soon for you to begin good savings & investing habits! I can't imagine what you have left on your NYC to-do list because I'm impressed with ALL that you have seen & done in the time you've been there. Besides, leaving some things on your list means you schedule another trip back! Hang in there these last few days. I will be praying for you as you finalize and present your project. Love & miss you!!

    ReplyDelete