Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hi! I hope you had a good weekend! I hung out with Hanna U all weekend and we had a great time! Friday night after having dinner at a pizza place that serves HUGE slices of pizza, I went home and just hung out and went to bed early - it was nice!

Then Saturday, me and Hanna went shopping all day...always good. We started off in SoHo, worked our way north to West Village, where a store had this huge bag to advertise their sale...

Then we went east to East Village, and came across Tiles For America, a 9/11 memorial...the first 2 pictures here are for the Barney's ad that I thought was cute.



This are the actual tiles:





Then we came across Max Brenner - a delicous chocolate store/restaurant that we ended up eating at. There are chocolate syringes that you could buy!

This is the plate of vanilla creme profiteroles that we ordered - thankfully we shared something!


East Village was a little strange, but this is a quote that I really like on a trashcan:


And this is a mosaic on a light pole that I also liked:


We didn't get close enough to see what this building was, but it's obviously a little different :o)


Yes...this is a Home Depot in the middle of the Flatiron district


And this is the Flatiron building!




After walking around and shopping all day, we got back home pretty early to be rested for another long day (today).

However, we ended up getting a late start, so we started at the Guggenheim museum first. It was pretty cool, but it was really only Frank Lloyd Wright's architecural drawings



This is the inside of the museum:


After the museum, we stayed on the Upper East side and found a little deli to eat a really early dinner at (so we could get a great dessert later) After eating, we went back to the upper west side to go home, and ended up finding Jon Gosselin's new apartment!

Once we got back home, we layed out while it was still kind of sunny, but not too long after it started getting cloudy. So we decided to go ahead and go get dessert from our new favorite restaurant by campus. As soon as we started walking over there it started pouring, and this is a view from inside the restaurant once it got pretty heavy:

This is the menu of the restraunt..it's mainly gelato, regular crepes, sweet crepes, salads, sandwiches, and really pretty tarts and mini cakes.


This is the delicious Berry and Swiss Chocolate crepe I got!


This weekend was another low key, exploring weekend, but I am well rested and found some new favorite places! Tomorrow I have to go back to work and hopefully start wrapping up my project, because presentations start on Tuesday!!! I luckily don't have to present until next Thursday, but it would be nice to get done early and help around the office (like the product closet!)

I should be updating daily soon since I only have 2 more weeks and A LOT of places still on my list to visit...so each day after work I plan on crossing those places off an not just going straight home for the evening. But for now I need to go to bed, so I'll update you again soon :o)

Love and miss everyone, Taylor

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to believe your time there is coming to an end... what an amazing door of opportunity God opened for you! Good luck as you wrap up work on your project and prepare to present. I hope you all do phenomenal jobs and prove that you were worthy of the interships they chose you for. You've got nothing to lose, so give it your all! love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete