Thursday, September 10, 2009

weekend fun


Hello everyone! Sorry (again) for not keeping up with this! Once school started I had to hit the ground running with groups and reading and presentations...too much to start off with :o)

Last weekend however, we had Monday off for Labor Day, so I took the drive over to Frisco. Scott's cousin, Paige, and her family live there (the ones who came to NY) so I went and stayed with them for the weekend and got to see Scott and his mom too! Because of some rainy weather and just wanting to relax, we swam when it was sunny and shopped while it wasn't :o)

Here are a few pictures from our fun!

Saturday night's dinner - Fish Tacos!




Sunday when we woke up, the pool had become heated over night! So the quickest way to fix it was to drain the hot tub, throw in 15 bags of ice, and let the water run through the pool





The end of a great weekend - He was a lobster




I haven't had the chance to take any more pictures, but soon I'll start having a lot because of my photography class - so more to come soon!

For the time being, I want to share with you a great new series of books (and website I discovered). My current roommate Aimme, gave me this cookbook for my birthday...and here is the website http://www.hungry-girl.com/


There are a few others besides this one, but they are all great! It's all recipes that are good for you (this one is every serving is under 200 calories) - and they are DELICIOUS! This particualar one has a whole section of "mini meals" that only make 1 or 2 servings. Those are mainly the ones I've been making since I'm just cooking for myself usually. She has staple ingredients that show up a lot, like whole wheat flour and egg substitutes. But everything I've made so far has been great!

I also have been stalking nearly all cupcake blogs I have been able to find online :o) Because of my current obsession with cupcakes, I'm starting to boom with multiple ideas and things I want to do!! But here are a few of my favorites that I keep returning to everyday:







Last night we played Rice and finally got our heads in the game! The final score was 55-10!!



I hope you've had some great past weekends! Next weekend our football team is away to play UT so I should have some time to take some pictures :o) Then the weekend after that I'll be home!!!!


Love always,
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment