Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm not doing so hot on my resolution for keeping up with my blogs...sorry...But then again, I don't have a million followers, so whose to blame :o)




Scott found these rankings for the 2011 NCAA football season, and can I just say, WRECK'EM!! I'm still missing Coach Leach, living in Lubbock, being a college student, being an active Kappa Delta, going to all the sporting games, etc etc - But hearing any little news about Tech gets me excited, much less BIG news like THIS!


So..the little I know about football (even though I'm sure it's alot for being a girl) but with as much love and respect I have for the game, I have huge expectations for Coach Tubby. I have been contemplating on renewing my season tickets because of last year, but as a proud alum I think I should hold on to them no matter how bad a season may be.


I definitely learned this commitment to football from my dad. My dad raised me as close to football as he could since I didn't come out a boy - By taking me to games by age 7, and trying to explain the rules of the game. I love my dad for this and some of my fondest memories (and not so fondest, hehe) of my dad are at those random Texas high school and UT football games, but at the same time, I have this love for this sport that I don't even completely understand. Sometimes I don't understand why football, particularly Tech football now, gets at me so easily...and then I think about my dad taking me to a football game every single weekend of my life that I can remember. And it clicks. I love football because it's one of mine and my dad's biggest bonding experience. He is the one who taught it to me. He is the one who spent all that time with me. I was the one who he opened up with no matter how mad he got over something I didn't understand. Again, while I'm not obsessed with it and don't completely understand it, I have this special place in my heart for it that will never leave me - Thank you Dad!


Anyways, congrats to Coach Tubberville for filling some big shoes - And get ready 2011, Tech is going to knock some helmets off!

1 comment:

  1. Your love of football comes as no surprise! The first high school football game you ever attended was when you were about 3 1/2 months old!! I think you probably owe Aunt Janis a big thank you for holding you throughout Ken's whole game. :) And... you put a lot of boys & men to shame with your love & understanding of the sport... I'm just saying!! ~Mom

    ReplyDelete