Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Well tomorrow is the day. It's the day Claudia will see my work on the haircare project. It's the day she will see how I've spent my time over the past 10 weeks. And it's the day to prove to myself that I've really done a "real world" project, and not just something that's for a grade.

From the first time I started feeling nervous a few days ago, I was truly confused because I asked myself, why am I nervous if there's no grade that follows? Tonight after reviewing my presentation over and over.. I've realized that I'm just a people-pleaser, and even though I get no grade, I still want to be able to not sound nervous (which I know I need practice on based off last semester's communication class I took) and communicate my work in a clear way. Even if Claudia and Lily don't like my ideas, I think it will still be a good feeling for me as long as they understand what I'm trying to say and can follow along with the order I have my presentation set up. I know most people probably feel this way, but it's been such a cool/nervous/eye-opening reality that just over the past 10 weeks I've really grown within mark. as well as myself. I don't just want to please the president of mark., but I want to know that I can complete a real life project and prove to myself that I really will be ready to graduate come December.

Life as I know it is here and has started - I just have been living in this fun, little, graded world, but even going back to school next semester I don't think that will be the case. After this experience, I know that with the right coaching and mentoring in whatever I end up doing after graduation, I can succeed and enjoy it along the way. This summer has certainly had it's ups and downs, but I believe that every one of those pieces has now come together to create this wonderful masterpiece of "that one summer in New York City"

I am so blessed and thankful to have gotten to come here, and come tomorrow morning at 11:30am I will have finished my internship and will be relaxing over a nice lunch (out of the office finally!) and will get to enjoy the remaining presentations. Even theough I am extremely nervous already, I am constantly praying for confidence and peace and a miracle of great presentation skills :o)

Thank you for letting me relieve some stress - Now it's time for bed so I can get up bright and early, get my usual coffee and bagel (wow I might really be a local...) and kick butt with my presentation :o)



Goodnight!! See everyone REALLY SOON!

Love, Taylor


2 comments:

  1. Taylor-
    We are all praying for you during the time of your presentation. I am so confident that you will blow them away. Enjoy the rest of your time in NY and we will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you! Reading this particular entry makes me realize how much you have really grown, matured and learned over the last few years and especially the last few months. It took a lot of courage, confidence and determination to accept the internship and to do well at it. You really get it!! Now, go forward and leave your mark. on TECH!

    ReplyDelete